The speakers truly aren’t the focus of the Campference – you are. But we will have some amazing presenters. Main session talks will be given by: Marko, Kurt Johnston, and others TBD. Seminars and guided conversations will be hosted by those two along with people like: Katie Edwards, Kenny & Elle Campbell, Scott Rubin, Heather Flies, Gina Abbas, Tom (Coach) Shefchunas, Adam McLane, and more.
What topics will be covered in the breakout sessions?
Check out these deets at the bottom of the Schedule page.
When is it?
The sixth annual Middle School Ministry Campference will take place October 13 – 15, 2017. We’ll start with dinner on Friday, and end with lunch on Sunday.
Where is it?
New place! Camp Allendale in Trafalgar, Indiana. Less than an hours drive from the Indianapolis International Airport.
Who should attend?
This event is for anyone (and everyone!) who works with junior highers or middle schoolers in a church or parachurch setting. Volunteers and paid staff, rookies and veterans. This is your event, and we want your voice in the mix.
What will it be like?
Some elements of the Campference will be like a conference: seminars on a variety of subjects, main sessions with great speakers who will encourage you and challenge you to think in new ways. But other aspects will take advantage of the uniqueness of our tribe and the vibe of a camp: dialogues and experiential learning, loads of fun, shared meals, and lots of killer free time options.
What’s unique about this event?
In addition to the camp part of our made-up word, Campference, there are a handful of other things you won’t find anywhere else:
All speakers are also full participants, and will stay for the whole weekend. They’ll be at all the meals and fully engage as player/coaches.
We’ll stay together and eat together, providing the context for a shared experience very different from a normal conference.
The entire focus will be on ministry to young teens. We won’t merely be the almost-forgotten stepchild of youth ministry at this event!
The quantity of freebies and giveaways and prizes at this event is almost stupid. Leave room in your luggage.
What does it cost?
We’ve tried to price the Middle School Ministry Campference so that it’s significantly cheaper than other events (when you add in food and lodging). Thanks to our event partners, we’re able to offer 5 different registration levels, all of which include accommodations and all meals:
Note… these are the 2016 prices. We will finalize them by May 1st, 2017. But we’re anticipating registration costs to be very similar to 2016.
$320 – Early Bird Single Registration (register by June 30, 2017)
$295 – Early Bird Group Rate, per person (groups of 3 or more, register by June 30, 2017)
$345 – Regular Registration (register by Monday, September 21st, 2017)
$320 – Regular Registration Group Rate, per person (groups of 3 or more, register by Monday, September 21st, 2017)
$370 – Late Registration
What are the accommodations?
We’re taking a step up on accommodations this year at the Campference. Yup: they’re still bunkhouse-style accommodations. But now you won’t have to go outside in the middle of the night to tinkle, since the restrooms (and showers) are in the same freaking buildings as your comfy bunk and teddy bear!
If you come with a group, you’ll be housed together with those of your gender, and others from your group (of the other gender) will be as close as possible.
If you live in the Midwest, just drive. If you’re flying in, you probably want to fly into Louisville (the camp is 35 minutes from the Louisville airport). It’s also about 90 minutes from the Indy airport. We’ll try to coordinate some transportation from the Louisville airport at some point, for the cost of sharing a car. More info on that later.
Do you have a refund policy for your events?
Yes. Our policy is to grant event refunds on a case-by-case basis.
- We will work with you. Refunds are granted on a case-by-case basis. Such as, if you buy 2 tickets to The Summit and are not able to attend… if it’s 3 weeks out and you let us know we are very likely to refund your money. But if you don’t show up and don’t let us know why we are less likely to extend that refund.
- We’re in ministry, we get it. We have spent our lifetime working with people in ministry. We know stuff comes up. So if you suddenly have to bail on an event because of an emergency at home, we’re pretty likely to offer a refund. (A death in the family, something at church blew up, etc.) But if you just didn’t feel like coming at the last minute or you forgot to plan, we’re less likely to offer the refund.
- Whenever possible we will be generous. Please understand we are a small business. We produce our events on a shoestring budget and every dollar really matters. For instance, if it is so close to the event that we’ve already spent money because we were planning on you being there we will likely offer you a partial refund. But, if it’s still several weeks away and we’ve not committed to spending money on your behalf, we are highly likely to offer a full refund.
- Event deposits are non-refundable. If you’d like, we can apply your funds to another attendee.
- No call, no shows are non-refundable. So if you registered for an event but forgot to come, that’s not our fault.
Hey, we’re easy to reach! Just email Marko ([email protected]) directly!